Gys du Toit was the previous owner and lived here from 1981 until 2014. When he decided to move to Ceres for his retirement, the family decided to convert this beautiful farmhouse into a guesthouse so that other people can also have the pleasure of enjoying this amazing part of the world.
During the week, rooms can be booked individually on a room only, bed & breakfast or full board option, while on weekends the house is booked out as a self-catering unit.
Peony Marigold (King with En-suite)
Protea (King room with Shared Bathroom)
Honeybird (Double room with Shared Bathroom)
Safari Tracks (Twin room with Shared Bathroom)
The Hunt (Twin room with Shared Bathroom)
Finally in our winter months with a log fire raging and a glass of red wine to be had, you can enjoy the occasional snowfall, wet wintry weather in the snug confines of Gys se Huis.
Ceres is a well-known destination for its fresh fruit, fruit juices and mineral water.
- Cecilia’s Farm – The farm shop to the left of the road as you descent Gydo Pass stocks the entire Cecilia’s Farm range of dried fruit. You can even buy fresh fruit when in season. Tel: 023 313 3130
- Homemade preserves – taste and sample distinctive varieties of chutney, jams and atjars, at Baba’s Jêm – the home of one of our local ladies. Tel:023 312 3545
- Cherry Picking – from Mid-November to end December bring a basket to the Klondyke Cherry Farm to pick your own sun-ripened cherries. Tel: 023 312 1521
- Wine Tasting – currently Koelfontein (located to your right as you ascend Gydo Pass), producing excellent Chardonnay and Syrah, is the area’s only cellar door, which is open weekdays from 9am to 5pm and Saturdays from 10am to 1pm, or by arrangement. Tel: 023 313 3130
All rates are for 2020 and are per night per room and/or unit.
|Gys se Huis (Sole Usage)||Unit Rate|
|Self-Catering – Weekdays (Sunday – Thursday)||3 000.00|
|Self-Catering – Weekends (Friday – Saturday)||3 500.00|
|Rooms (Sunday – Thursday)||Single Occupancy Per Room||Sharing Per Room|
|Bed & Breakfast||560.00||1020.00|
|Dinner, Bed & Breakfast||760.00||1420.00|
|Self-Catering – Weekends (Friday – Saturday)||Single Occupancy Per Room||Sharing Per Room|
- 50% Deposit required on booking; Final Payment to be completed one week prior to arrival.
- Cancellations within 7 days of arrival non refundable.
- No cheques or credit card facilities available.
- On weekends a minimum of 2 nights stay apply.
- We do have a cleaning service on weekends for R150.00 per day. Please arrange this prior to arrival.
- Babysitters available on request. Please arrange this prior to arrival.
- We do have wood available at R70/bag on weekends. Please arrange this prior to arrival.
- Sorry, NO animals allowed on the premises.
- All visitors to Gys se Huis do so on their own risk and the owners cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft, injury to persons, possessions and vehicles.
- Arrival time is at 2pm and check out time at 10am. Late check-out is possible. Please make necessary arrangements.
Rocklands | Koue Bokkeveld | Op-Die-Berg | Western Cape | South Africa | 023 317 0830 | firstname.lastname@example.org